Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 59 to 66

Day 59 - 12.9 miles

Nice easy day. Went up Everett Mt. And Race Mt. Had some great views. I met a guy named Funk and he lived around there and had already done the AT and the PCT. He was very nice and gave me some fresh fruit and half a sandwich. 

Top of Everett Mt. 


Top of Race Mt. and that's Funk and his dog on the far right. 


Some more views of Race Mt. 


And me being silly.... 


Day 60 - 12.6 miles

Nice easy day, took my time and enjoyed every step. Made it to Salisbury, CT and went into town for some food. My 5th state! Met two section hikers with two pitbulls. I met them again at the next campsite. 




Day 61 - 12.5 miles 

Had a nice chill day of hiking took it slow. Went over this cool bridge. 


Well, I did pass..

Went through this cool rock formation it was a right fit. You can see the double white blazes in the middle of the picture. 


Hit 700 miles today! Made it to West Cornwall road and decided to call the "Bearded Woods Hostel". I had heard that it one of the best hostels on the trail and that I had to check it out. Why not? I said to myself. I'm glad I did. What an amazing place with amazing people. The hostel is ran by Hudson and his wife Big Lu. This place was great and Big Lu cooked us an amazing steak dinner the first night. Here is some pictures of the hostel. 






Day 62 - Zero at Bearded Woods

This was a good recovery day and I also got rid of 5 lb of gear out of my pack. Also made friends with another SOBO named Liam. 

Day 63 - 16.2 miles

Had an awesome breakfast of French toast, sausage, coffee and OJ. 


Liam and I decided to hike together and had a great time talking and hiking. Made it to Algo shelter and met another SOBO named Matt. We both knew him. We had a good night catching up with each other. 

Day 64 - 12.4 miles

Had a good start with Liam and saw cool animals on the trail. This awesome baby turtle. 


A cool Ribbon snake (I think). I have see a bunch of these but this one was the biggest and he didn't want to move. 


Matt caught up with us and we went into town for some food. After lunch we went to a gas station and I met Mo Rocca. He is a journalist that worked on the daily show with John Stewart. He also now works on CBS. He was a very nice guy. 


Made it to New York!! My 6th state!

We all went for a swim in Ten Mile River. 


The shelter we stayed at had a pump for water.


 We also met up with another SOBO hiker Kate. Kate and Liam were friends and had hiked together. 

Day 65 - 16.6 miles

Liam, Kate and I all hiked together today and got some good pictures. 



This is the only train stop on the AT. 


Day 66 - 3.9 miles

Liam and I hiked into town to get some food at a deli. We met a guy named Bill that had hiked the trail in 1999. He offered us a place to stay, wash our clothes and shower. Him and his wife Amy fed us and 2 of our other friends showed up too. We had a great time playing horse shoes and relaxing. 

Jaime out with the kids. 


A group shot. 


A picture of me working on intensly on the blog wearing headphones sitting in a barbers chair. 



Total miles: 755.3
Miles left: 1,430.0


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment