Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 18 through 24

Day 18- 13.5 miles

Ready to hike!


Late in the day around 3:30pm it started to rain and I hustled to the lean-to. 


The lean-to filled up quickly. That night two of the people sleeping in the lean-to were having a snoring contest (so it seemed). 

Day 19 - 16.9 miles 

Hard day of hiking today. I went over The Horn and Saddleback mountain at an elevation of 4120ft. It was a lot of rock scrambling and straight climbing up rock faces. Let's put it this way, Mom would be upset if she saw what I did today. 



Got to Piazza Rock lean-to and it was full so I tented. Interesting thing at at Piazza Rock, there was a 2 seat privy (out house) with a cribbage board in between the seats. Nobody wanted to play me, go figure. 



Day 20 - 19.5 miles

Hard day today. In the afternoon I just ran out of gas.  One of very few bridges that I have come across. It was nice not to have to go through a river or jump over it. 




Day 21: 11.3 miles

Hard day again. Got a late start around 9:50am. I didn't make it to a lean-to, I stopped at Sawyer Brook campsite. It was a nice area right next to a brook. No one was there. This was my first night tenting all alone. I must say I was a little scared, but it was a very peaceful nights rest and nothing tried to eat me in my sleep. I went to bed around 8pm and woke up at 5 am. 

Day 22: 15.5 miles 



What a wonderful day!! Went up Baldpate east and west peaks, what amazing views. Once reaching Baldpate east peak I was so happy!!


Then I just got silly!


Then I realized that I still had to climb over west peak ...



and I was sad. 


Then I needed to do some yoga...


And I felt much better!!


When I got to Baldpate lean-to I feasted on the rest of my food because I knew I would meet Mozie the next day. 

Day 23 - Short day 2.3 miles. 

Met Mozie at Grafton Notch. He had a sandwich in the car for me and then took me to the house. Moz and Alyssa prepared an awesome feast that night and I was very full and happy. 

Day 24 - ZERO day!!  

Rest, eat, resupply, eat, rest, meditate, eat, eat, get ready to hike in the morning.


So it goes, enjoy every minute of life. Thank you everyone, especially Moz and Alyssa, they have helped me more than they could ever know. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment