Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 25 through 29

Day 25- 9.7miles

Moz dropped me off at Grafton Notch and I was getting all my stuff situated and waved goodbye. Went to the bathroom and came back and realized.... I left my HIKING POLES in his car!!!! I yelled out, NO!!!!! Classic hiker mistake. 

It was a hard climb up Speck Mountain then down Mahoosuc Arm. This would have been a good time to have poles. 



Then I made it to Mahoosuc Notch. This area is 1 mile of bouldering. It's known as the most difficult or fun mile of the AT. It was awesome and difficult. Some of the areas went deep into the mountain and it was like going into a fridge. The temperature would drop about 25 degrees. I saw ice formations and could see my breathe a few times.


This is a keyhole that you have to squeeze through. 







Ice formations



Day 26 - 9.6 miles

Hard day, mainly because yesterday was so hard on my knees. I saw a grouse on top of Goose Eye mountain. 


Made it to the top of the mountain around 9am and it was a beautiful sunny day. It was a perfect time to catch a few rays and meditate. 


Crossed into New Hampshire!! One state complete!!



That night I setup camp early because a storm was coming and slept from 6pm to 6am. Well needed rest. 

Day 27- 19.8 miles 

I felt great after all the rest. I found a make shift pole. I was calling it my Gandalf staff. "You shall not pass!" I guess I would be Gandalf the Brown. 


I got some cool pictures of the sunshine coming through the clouds. 




It was a long day and made it to Imp Shelter. I got some good pictures of the sunset. It was a cold night. It got down to about 40 degrees. 


Day 28 - 11.2 miles

I woke up very sore. My knees both hurt but mainly the right one. I was supposed to meet Moz and Alyssa around 3pm at Pinham Notch. There were some amazing views from Carter Dome. 


 I had to cut about 4 mile out of the AT and take a side trail down. Otherwise I would have never made it down. I was hurting. I was bummed out about this because I didn't want to miss any of the trail, but I think that this was the right call.

They took me to a great resturant called Saalt Pub and then Dunkin' Donuts for dessert. I was very full. This was the last time I will see them on the trail. I can't thank them enough. 

I thought you guys were doctors, not veterinarians? 


Day 29 - Zero in Gorham, NH

Rest, resupply, yoga, sleep, eat

The Hungry Man Breakfast



They had a fancy subway that looks like it was an old bank or something. 



Total miles: 319.4
Miles left: 1,865.9


Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment